systems over €30
billion‡ since 20121.
- ~4.5 billion treatment days provided to European patients since launch1
- +13% patient treatment days were attributed to biosimilars in 20221*
*2022 over 2021
‡ 2012 – 2022 cumulative savings at list prices from the impact of biosimilar competition in Europe. List prices across Europe act as a base-case to estimate savings generated in European markets.
1. IQVIA, White Paper. The Impact of Biosimilar Competition in Europe. December 2022
A fully integrated global biosimilars company, all in on biosimilars.
- A unique biosimilars portfolio spanning from insulins to recombinant proteins, and monoclonal antibodies
- Cutting-edge science and research capabilities
- Experience built from successful global partnership with Mylan/Viatris
- Global-scale manufacturing with high standards of quality and compliance
20+ biosimilarsapproved or in development
8 biosimilarslaunched across global markets
100+ countrieswhere Biocon Biologics’ biosimilars are available
5.7M patients servedglobally by Biocon Biologics’ biosimilars
in the biosimilars industry
1978Founded to improve access to quality bioenzymes
2000Evolves into biopharmaceuticals
2004Biocon is the first company worldwide to develop human insulin on a Pichia expression system rh=recombinant human
2009Partners with Mylan/Viatris to co-develop a biosimilar antibodies portfolio for global markets
2017-21Solidifies presence in Europe and global biosimilars space
2019Continues partnership with Viatris after Mylan/Upjohn merger
2023Biocon Biologics acquires Viatris’ global biosimilars business to become a fully integrated biosimilars company in the US and Europe
offerings with a focus
on the future.